Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Executive & Your Countdown - The Intro

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it here or anywhere, but I’ve made the intro song for live shows of a respected band in Leuven, The Executive. To thank me they asked me if I wanted to go to HDC-Rock for free.. I felt really good about them thinking of me, since the song is like one minute long and that’s it..


HDC-Rock started @ 3:30 pm, so I searched for the trains to go to Leuven. I had to take the 2:14 pm if I wanted to be there on time. That’s not really relevant in my opinion, so I’ll just skip the trainride (normal, as usual), I’ll skip the part where I meet up with Joni and grab some food (normal, as usual) and I’ll fastforward to 6:30 pm. The Executive started their set and I stood front row to capture the whole show for Joni (who had to leave because his girlfriend was coming over). This is how these guys started:



Yeah, that’s my tune :D I can’t tell you how much I like the part @ 0:37 where the guy next to me goes “Eh, they’ve got an intro song” xD Anyway, apart from that this really felt awesome.. I will probably go see them again next week on Ringrock in Leuven..


After the show I’ve talked to the guys from the Executive and they said some awesome stuff :D Someone even mentioned working together or even become a full-member of The Executive :D Now, I would be honoured if it would come to that, but I don’t think their music needs a constant Your Countdown-feel.. For once, yeah, maybe.. But this is one of these bands you just like the way they are.. Really looking forward to their new EP, to be released in October.. I really think Your Countdown is building up a great friendship with The Executive :D


Anyway, I really felt good about this and I can't wait 'till next week :D


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment